Tsaritsino museum and reserve in Moscow (near Tsaritsino metro station and commuter suburb train station) was founded in 1984 in the park of the same name. The estate is known since late 16th century, when it belonged to Tsarina Irina, sister of Tsar Boris Godunov. At that time it was called Bogorodskoye. In 17th century it belonged to the Streshnevs and then to the Galitzines. In 1775 when the estate was bought by empress Catherine the Great it received its present name which means “Tsarina’s” (“Queen’s”).